Annex Dance Company is
looking for dancers for
the 2022-23 Season!
Annex Dance Company is seeking dancers rooted in both technique and a curiosity for movement investigation for the 2022-2023 season (and potentially beyond!). Candidates should be postgraduate dancers interested and available to make a commitment to the Annex Dance Company for our season. Audition will include technique class, repertory, and improvisation (virtual audition available).
- Contract August 22, 2022-June 22, 2023 (with flexibility of start and end dates).
- Company members receive a monthly rehearsal stipend and are paid for all performances.
- The company rehearses 8 hours/week, with additional weekend rehearsals scheduled as needed.
- Performance dates (live and virtual) are still being solidified, but the contract will include at least five performance opportunities.
- Additional paid teaching opportunities may be available with our residency program through Engaging Creative Minds during the public school year.
Annex Dance Company is committed to providing accessibility to professional modern dance in Charleston, SC. Under the artistic direction of Kristin Alexander and associate artistic director Julie Clark, the company is rooted in modern dance tradition while pushing the boundaries of movement invention through relationships and intention. Performance, collaboration, and education remain at the forefront of every season. Annex Dance Company supports the arts through collaborative projects with artists of different mediums.
For more information about the company, please visit annexdancecompany.org.
Dance Moves of Charleston
349 Folly Road
How to apply for the audition:
Send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. A link to a registration form and more details about the contract will be sent to all interested dancers.